As we get older our financial advice needs and focus changes.
Financial plans are not only for the 40 somethings – most of the successful people I know have been making educated financial decisions since their first job.
Those that make a financial plan & act on financial advice earlier have a better opportunity to becoming financially comfortable earlier.
What is Financial Advice and what does a Nelson Life Financial Plan look like?
Our role is to help you make things better for tomorrow – know where you are, where you want to go and how you are going to get there.
Taking control earlier allows you to prepare for big changes or investments – career break(s), longer maternity leave, time out for education, changing job, starting your own business, children’s education costs, retiring before age 60, buying a bigger primary residence, buying an investment property.
Knowing where everything is and having a plan ensures you are financially prepared for emergencies.
Making permanent changes.
Financial advice and financial planning are about making permanent changes. Permanent irreversible changes will ensure you get closer to your life goals – wealth and health goals (this is incredibly important and more often overlooked).
Nelson Life will provide you with starting point and a plan to pursue your financial goals.
WHERE & HOW DO YOU START RE-BALANCING YOUR FINANCIAL PRIORITIES?
1. Understand what it is you actually want and fear? – Understand what is important to you and your dependents. Everyone is different and these are very personal, it requires clarity and honesty. This will ensure the outcome of your financial advice is better and focused on exactly what you want.
2. What are the key hurdles and barriers you need to overcome? – Making change(s) usually means less of one thing to get more of another, all other things being equal. So understanding what is flexible is vital – totally removing something you enjoy is not going to work longer term.
3. Understanding your financial position today? – We will clarify your present position, including your relevant financial data – assets, liabilities, expenses and income sources.
4. Taking control of your financial affairs. – A Nelson Life cash flow statement allows you to know how much money you have available. How is your money allocated, where is it invested and the current longer term picture – if things stay the same. Financial advice is about change and we can show you the financial impact of making small changes – for example having a monthly saving target or paying €100.00 per month more off the mortgage each month.
5. Your Plan. – A financial plan & financial advice are the key to enabling you to take control of your finances – ensure enough money available in the event of an emergency, plan for children’s education, surplus money each year for holidays and importantly take advantage of opportunities you may miss.
START TODAY – making a change requires action. The Nelson Life financial advice process will follow these steps:
1. Let’s meet and talk. We will introduce what we do and define the terms of the relationship. Including fees and charges. Then its about you.
2. We collect the required information.
3. We then analyse & evaluate the information supplied. We then outline a plan.
4. We will then prepare your written plan, which we will present and discuss with you.
5. We agree which parts of the plan you wish to implement.
6. Review and meet as needed. Adjust the plan as circumstances change.
If you have a financial planning, financial advice or product question please contact us :
This article was written by Rory Nelson, founder of Nelson Life. Rory is celebrating 20 years in financial planning this year. Professional qualifications include; UCD Specialist Diploma in Wealth Management, Pension Trustee Practitioner PTP, UCD Professional Certificate in Stockbroking, UCD Professional Certificate in Asset Management (SIA), QFA FLIA, Pensions Diploma, Mortgage Advice Diploma, CFP module – Tax & Estate Planning and has a degree in BA Accounting & Finance. He has regularly participated in national financial press.
Know more. 091 44 11 88 or firstname.lastname@example.org
LIFE INSURANCE | INVESTMENTS | PENSIONS | FINANCIAL PLANNING.
Nelson Life is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
We are Trusted Financial Advisors and now have access to 20 products providers (we are NOT tied to one provider).
- WARNING: Past performance is not a reliable guide to future performance.
- WARNING: The value of your investment may go down as well as up.
- WARNING: You may lose some or all of the money you invest.
- WARNING: These funds may be affected by changes in currency exchange rates.
- WARNING: If you invest into this product you will not have access until you retire.
- WARNING: The above content does not constitute investment advice, as it does not take into account the investment objectives, knowledge and experience of financial situation of any particular person. Prospective investors are advised to make their own assessment of the information contained herein and to obtain professional advice suitable to their own individual circumstances.
- WARNING: The information contained in this document is based on our understanding of current tax legislation and the current Revenue Commissioners interpretation thereof and is subject to change including retrospectively without notice. This is intended as a general guide only and is not a substitute for professional tax, legal and investment advice.
Visit our website http://www.nelsonlife.ie
web | www.nelsonlife.ie
blog | www.nelsonlife.ie/blog
twitter | https://twitter.com/nelsonlife_
Linked In | https://ie.linkedin.com/in/rory-nelson-5a607415